Monday, July 25, 2011

publishers change

Read Allen & Unwin's criteria for sending unsolicited non fiction maunuscripts last week, only to find TODAY that they'll only accept manuscripts electronically on their Friday pitch now. Don't get me wrong, I prefer it this way, it's faster but a little disconcerting after I printed out my 60 pages (double spaced) as per instructions last week. Never mind I'll save them for Pantera Press who's next cab off the rank if needed.

Pruned the synopsis down to 300 words today as per A & U. I'll send it round to my writing buddies for feedback.

Working continues on the chapter summaries, slowly re-reading the chapters out loud for meaning, rhythm of sound, and correcting typos.


I've been in touch with Createspace too. They are print on demand publishers in the USA, not sure about them but will bring a copy of the questions they ask to the WD meeting on Wednesday. Will keep on looking at UK sites.

Have just renewed subscription to Writing Magazine. It' s a good buy although I haven't made the most of it this year.

I'm celebrating 2 weeks without a migraine, the first time that's happened in ages. Don't know if it's the green tea or the little blue pills. I'm not game to give either of them up to find out.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment