Monday, August 8, 2011

Don't know how many times I'll say this but 'the memoir is finished!' Now a plumper 80,000 words. I keep remembering things after the fact and have worked more on context. It's always interesting when someone else reads it. Things you pay little attention to need more explanation or background etc. Other things I think important are often not in a reader's eyes. Thank heavens for you my WD buddies.

Am awaiting yea or nay from A & U. Actually A & U don't 'nay', they just don't get in touch with you. Pan Macmillan have started a similar sort of thing, their's on Mondays. They are next in line.

Friends of mine in the UK told me of a book about 1950s nursing by an English nurse who trained in Yorkshire. I downloaded it to my kindle figuring it will give me more ideas for my first chapters if needed. But it's got me thinking more and more about E-publishing. I'll be looking for some workshops and seminars on the subject.

Today, I think I have a fever, definitely a nasty case of vertigo and a scratchy throat. Must be a bug. Time to take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment