Thursday, August 19, 2010

flash fiction

This was the theme  of Writer's Dozen meeting yesterday. I was the chair for the day, went armed with info of websites, competitons and definitions of flash fiction etc. What I forgot to take was the sample of flash fiction I wish to enter into a competition where entries are due in mid September...durrr!!! I really wanted that feedback and it sat mocking me on the printer when I returned home. Never mind I'll email it out and hope someone has the time to critically evaluate it.

I'd set an exercise for people to write between 500 - 1000 words about a writing group. Yvonne came up with one based on our actual writing group, albeit with a sinister tone.

We read through Terri's synopsis for her romance fiction. The likelihood of publication looks promising in a market that is increasing every year apparently. Jen also has promising news, an agent asked her to send the first three chapters after reading her query letter and synopsis. Exciting! Apparently rural settings (like Jen's) are attractive to publishers.

From next week I won't be posting much on this website for a couple of months but the travel website will be very busy. Check out Travels with Pauline.

No comments:

Post a Comment