Monday, September 19, 2011

Reviewing

Oh my Lord I uploaded my first book to review last week from Readers Favorite. I picked an autobiography. Fortunately it is only 180+ words. I say fortuantely because it sorely needs a structural and copy editor. I think back to Robert Fletcher's words at the POD seminar last week, 'We never look inside the book.' Someone should have looked inside this one before letting it loose on the world. The trick will be how to be diplomatic when I do the review. It's a shame because it's a pretty powerful story. I'll say no more. I don't want to give the identitiy of the author away.

I've been looking at other people's blogs, some from the people I met at the aforesaid seminar. They look very professional compared with mine. I'll have to see what I can do.

I've also found a website called Authonomy run by Harper Collins UK. It looks like a likely place to park one's book. Check it out my writing buddies at http://www.authonomy.com/

Needless to say, no writing today. After picking up my friend from the airport at 6. 30am I didn't feel like it. Got a lot of laundry and cooking done so the slate is cleared for tomorrow. By the way any feedback on my vignettes will be most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment