Monday, September 12, 2011

Fired up

Fired up by the meeting reported in the last blog, I went on Readers' Favorite to apply to become a volunteer reviewer. Checking back today I see no sign of me. Granted I wrote the review on the fly, and of a book they may not have heard of. Or maybe I pressed the wrong button or pressed no button at all.

This tells me to get serious and plan. I'm going to practise writing reviews as per Readers Favorite criteria and see where it goes. To my Writers' Dozen  mates, it might be a good exercise for us. What do you think?

Another site I've joined is Good Reads, and have sent invitations to my WD group to join. Hope you don't hate me for sending it without warning. It's a bit rude. Sorry.

I cut out a handy little tip about sitting at your computer and have pasted it on the shelf above my desk.  It's the 20/20/20 rule.  Look up from the screen after 20 minutes and focus on something 20 feet away for 20 seconds. Not a bad idea.

This is a writing day but  I'm not in the mood. There is no excuse so I must get down to it. Maybe after a cup of coffee....


No comments:

Post a Comment