Friday, July 1, 2011

Half the year

Here it is July 1, a new financial year and a new beginning. Well not quite, because I'm plodding on with the memoir but have decided to renew membership of ASA, they're offering quite good deals, and submit the memoir for an ASA mentorship. Not that I don't have great mentoring from my writing buddies, I do but it's one way of sending the manuscript out and seeing how it flies.

 Have been working on the book proposal too, and will start sniffing around for publishers. I've given myself 6 months to go the mainstream publishing route then if there are no bites, will go the self publishing route. I was so wrapped up in writing yesterday I forgot it was Thursday amd missed aquarobics.

Have been crying my eyes out over the book Empty Cradles by Margaret Humphreys, a riveting read and a damning illustration of the cruelty of bureacracy for vulnerable little people with no voice. Horrific and all done in the name of Christian kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment