Wednesday, May 25, 2011

busy busy

Having a writing spurt right now. Helped along by my writing buddies, the memoir is coming to life. Also, last week,  I received the book Family Britain (over 700 pages hardback all of $1.00 + $4.89 postage -bargain!) covering the years I'm describing, and find it very useful even though I've read only about 30 pages. Thank you Abebooks.

A different structure of the memoir is taking place thanks to feedback from Writers' Dozen, which I think will work. Am toying with the idea of getting the first four chapters written and sending it out even though the rest of it needs re-writing. There's about 50,000 words getting me to the shores of America. The plan is to go as far as the shores of Australia, 10 years further on. Could be a tome! Need to review the situation.

Sydney Writers Festival concluded on Sunday. I didn't attend any events this year but enjoyed the next best thing, 6 hours of broadcasting on Saturday and Sunday of interviews with writers and recordings of some panels. Talk about being in heaven! Thank you ABC National Radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment